Want curly hair but not yet ready to commit to the possibility of having it for a long time? Good thing there are top curling wands that come to your rescue to help you achieve the look you want.
Read on to find out which are the top curling wands 2019.
You Curl Curling Wand (Conair)
Want smooth and frizz-free curls without having to shell out big bucks at a salon? Conair’s You Curl does the job for you.
The perfect curls can be achieved through Conair You Curl and its state-of-the-art tourmaline ceramic technology. Its features make it stand out among other curling irons, and they prove why this is one of the top curling wands.
What’s The You Curl All About?
What’s the fuss about the You Curl, and why is it one of the top best curling wands out there?
- It’s easy to use – Creating those curls are fuss-free, and its cone-shaped barrel makes it easy to use, even for first-timers. All you need to do is to divide your hair into small sections and wrap each around the barrel. Creating small sections will give you tight curls, while wider sections will help you achieve wavy curls.
- You get a frizz-free hair – Frizz is one of those factors that repel people from having curly hair. With You Curl and its tourmaline ceramic technology, frizz is a thing of the past. You’ll get smooth and shiny curls. You will experience no frizz due to You Curl’s natural ions. Your curly locks are smooth because of its easy-glide surface.
- It’s time-efficient – You can still curl your hair even on busy mornings — no more bad hair days! — because it can heat up in as fast as 30 seconds. The curling iron reheats with every curl to maintain its temperature and give you a uniform look for your locks. Your tresses won’t be damaged by hot stops because of its even temperature.
- There are different choices available – “Curly hair” doesn’t always mean the same style and look every single time; the You Curl can make you achieve a different hairstyle every day. You can also make it adapt to the kind of hair you have.
Got delicate and fine hair? Go for the lowest heat setting. Got color-treated hair? You’re better off with the medium setting. The medium-high setting is ideal for those who have naturally wavy to thick hair. The challenging type of hair, the one that’s hard to curl and is ultra thick, will work best with the highest power setting (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Your curls will look professionally done – Have a hairstyle that costs less than it actually does. With the You Curl, you can achieve a look that appears professionally done. Its cord length helps prevent tangles as well as awkward positions. The LED indicators show you which exact power setting you’re using. It automatically shuts itself off after an hour, so you won’t get troubled thinking whether if you’ve remembered to turn it off.
Love or Loath?
- What do people say about the Conair You Curl?
- Well, it’s not surprising to find out that people love this curling tool. They love its capability to come up with gorgeous curls. Some may need a longer learning curve to learn how to use the product, but will eventually understand how to work the curling iron.
- A little “flaw” though, according to some, is the location of the on/off button: It can easily be touched and can switch off the curler easily, even in mid-curl. A heat glove will help with this problem, although some are already comfortable even without using one. It’ll also help if you use various hair products with it to produce even better results (and it’ll help protect your wavy strands, too).
1. Hot Tools Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Wand
Next on the top curling wands 2019: the Hot Tools Curly-Q Curling Iron.
What’s The Curly-Q All About?
It’s far from being ordinary. It can help you create awesome, natural-looking curls without spending a lot. The curls are quick to make but still hold well. You get a product worth your money for sure.
This particular curling wand has various features such as:
- A Tapered Barrel – With the tapered barrel, you’re able to make either soft, loose waves or tight ringlets. You can choose whatever look or type of waves you wish to achieve.
- Different Temperature Settings – The settings can be set up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and the settings determine the hair type that you’ll be using it too.
- A Wand Prop – The wand prop prevents the curler from getting into contact with and melting any surface.
- A Heat-Resistant Glove – To protect your hands as you style your hair, the curler also comes with a heat-resistant glove.
Love or Loath?
The Curly-Q Curling Iron is receiving positive reviews for a reason. People love the Curly-Q curling iron because of its capability to give you different looks just by using a single product.
Sure, there are flaws. Since it’s a curling “wand,” it does not have the clip that holds hair as you curl it. You’ll have to hold it yourself so it will stay in place. That’s just normal, however, and you’ll even receive better results by doing so.
Discomfort is minimized by the heat glove and the temperature settings. It’s loved by most because the limitations can be overcome easily. Learning how to use the product will allow you to maximize its capabilities and come up with the hair that you wish to have.
2. HSI Professional Curling Iron Set
Last but definitely not the least among the top 3 curling wands is the HSI Professional Curling Iron Set. Find out what its features are, and learn what makes it different from the two other two curling wands.
What’s The HSI Curling Iron Set All About?
This set will also give you those professionally styled locks without spending a fortune on hair products and salon visits.
It comes with four barrel sizes: ¾ – 1 inch tapered, 1 inch, 1.5 inches, and ¾ – 1 inch.
You can change barrels depending on what kind of look you are trying to achieve. All are made of tourmaline, which means every hairstyle that you can make will be smooth and frizz-free.
The HSI Curling Iron Set also has this infrared technology to help seal in your hair’s natural oils and moisture. Its design and structure, together with its non-slip grip, makes it easy to use. The temperature can also be easily adjusted to better match your hair type.
Love or Loath?
Going for the HSI Professional Curling Iron Set will seem like buying four curling irons for the price of one. You don’t have to wait long to begin styling your hair, and you’ll have even heat distribution to obtain best results. It might take some time for you to learn how to use it, and how you could get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, then you’re off to better hairstyles.
If there’s a con with this curling iron set, it’s that it doesn’t have a stand or anything to support it. Some are worried that it might melt the surface it rests on, but some have found ways to deal with it, such as using the glove to rest it on or going for heat-resistant places to lay it on.
With everything considered, you’ll love the HSI Professional Curling Iron Set. You’ll get a quality product for a more budget-friendly price than what you would have paid for other curling wands.
How To Choose Curling Wands
Among the various top curling wands to choose from, how do you know which curling wand to finally pick out? Here’s a quick guide to help you select the right one for you.
What’s the difference between “curling iron” and “curling wand?”
A curling iron usually has a clip to hold your hair as you style, while a curling wand doesn’t have the clip, so you simply have to hold the hair.
What size should you get for your hair?
It depends on what kind of waves or curls you are aiming for. You can opt for smaller curls or bigger waves.
Will the curls hold?
The length of time that the curls hold will all depend not only on the curling iron but also on the hair. Unwashed hair helps curls stay longer, as well as any products applied on your locks.
These are the top 3 curling wands discussed: the Conair You Curl, the Hot Tools Curly-Q, and the HSI Curling Iron Set.
Each of these curling irons has their own strengths and capabilities. Their weaknesses are minor; you can find ways to overcome these “flaws” and items for improvement. Honestly speaking, you can choose any of these top curling wands, and you’ll be just fine. As long as you know how to use these curling wands as well as follow their instructions, then you can achieve the ‘do what you want.